43% more applications have been registered compared to the last call. 80% of the proposals presented come from Spain. The remaining 20% come from more than 20 countries. It is noteworthy that 6.5% of the proposals come from Portuguese entrepreneurs.
Regarding the scope of the proposals, efficiency in the use of resources in the energy and chemical industry is the area with the most proposals (34%). Mobility stands out as the area with most growth compared to previous calls and accounts for 29% of the proposals. 20% of initiatives relate to distributed electricity generation. The remaining 17% of the proposals focus on either the digitization of the energy and chemical industry, electricity storage or new materials for the energy and chemical industry.
As in previous calls, the number of initiatives that come from universities and R & D centres is around 36%. In addition, this year 68% of the proposals presented already have a technology or business model tested in a controlled environment, equivalent to Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 4.
Since January 2017 the proposals received are being analysed by the Entrepreneurs Fund team and in the coming months they will be evaluated by different experts. The proposals that have been selected from this call will be announced during the third quarter of 2017. To stay informed on the evaluation process, stay tuned to Fondo de Emprendedores.